Travel The World On A Dime

Traveling the world in mind my wish list and I hope to answer this way before dying dream. Also I have the freedom to spend as long as you love me (and my passport stamp permitting) in my favorite cities. I want to live like a local and not be constrained by limited vacation days work or money.
Air fares are expensive and there is nothing we can do about it, except in search of cheaper airlines and monitoring of prices before booking tickets. The only major expense of travel, we can control is the accommodation.
I remember fondly from my study trip to Europe. I do not make money then and stayed in budget rooms with shared bathrooms to run out of hot water in the middle of a shower. It was fun, but certainly left an experience younger age group.
Now that I'm grown with a son and a husband, I expect a certain level of luxury when I travel. And no, it should be a 5-star luxury, but it would be nice to have all the services and amenities such as private bathroom. Also a kitchen or a kind of microwave is very useful when traveling with a small child.
I would be broken if I was traveling the world and staying in apartments and independent hotels. So I found the idea of ​​a holiday exchange.
I live in one of the most visited cities in the world - New York City. My apartment is small, but that can comfortably accommodate 2 adults and a baby. And is located in downtown New York - within walking distance of many attractions.
Recently, I had to go on a trip to Singapore to visit my best friend who just had a baby. Singapore is a beautiful city, but hotels are expensive there. Not to mention the wealth that we have already spent on flights!
I started to look online for vacation. I found a nice two bedroom apartment in the center of Singapore. Thanks to our email communications, I discovered that the lady who rented the apartment was in New York during the period we were in Singapore. We decided to change apartments.
At first I was a little concerned about the logistics of collection and return of keys and security, because it was someone I never met. We had our valuables stored out of our apartment and our goalkeeper has published detailed instructions on giving key. We also found our "tenant" detailed washing instructions, damage, etc.
All that really worked in the end. We have to stay in a fantastic location in Singapore, is free and our new has come to stay in New York for free friend.
So all you aspiring world travelers on a budget there, I have a challenge for you. OK, maybe the title of my article may not be 100%, because you probably have to spend on the prices, but is not it a house swap would work? You get to be free and you have to live like a local. And that, in my opinion is the best way to travel!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire