The Help - The Book Versus Film


The only Hollywood movie I've seen in my life has been completely faithful to the original story was the Da Vinci Code.

This week, after the end of "The Help" on my Kindle, I decided to watch the movie. I could not wait to put faces to names and see 60 sets styles and women of high society. This does not disappoint, however, take away from the emotional roller coaster that was the story, I laugh, and even cry while watching a wall as a particularly striking pieces digested information, the film wander along like a golf cart in a retirement village.

I saw it with my friends who had not read the book and what I thought was excellent, so I can only conclude that the book has ruined the movie for me, but I'm still grateful I read the first time.

What is different in the book?

Of course, being a critic I complained about the differences in the finished film, which led to my friends who are wondering what exactly was so different. I was surprised they were so shocked, so I thought I'd share online dispute.

· Poor Mae Mobley has suffered abuse. Of course, it was a style that made me cry. He also pointed out that despite the cleaners can give the best care in the world, women are ultimately control account and can not hit or punish the kids will love every bit cancel lady gave.

· The KKK is more complicated. In fact, there is more racism in the book. Although the film is amazing in the way it portrays racism, I think the book takes on a new level and really brings out the fear that you feel throughout the black community in Mississippi.

· Miss Celia never learn to cook. Millie's husband gets the sack for the book and gives Millie and her children a beating. Proceeds from the book let Millie leave him for good, it has nothing to do with a difference.

Link · Celia and Miss Millie to beat a white man. Millie agrees that these are real friends when the garden becomes a perverse and started to threaten. When attacking Millie, Miss Celia hit with a metal pole. This act was unthinkable in Mississippi at the time, especially to a white man. Regardless of their intentions if Millie had defended in this way would face a prison, not perverted, so that the work of Miss Celia showed true friendship.

· Skeeter's mother is not proud at all. Skeeter's mother is a complex and full of racial hatred '. Hilly's almost like a major. She never learns that the book is a blessing, because it would repudiate his daughter in an instant. Unfortunately, this means that Hilly never gives the blame it deserves, Hilly stops simply because he sees the fragility of mother Skeeter has become your illness.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire