Commitments: Making And Achieving Your Business and Life Goals

In early February, I agree to a new challenge in my gym ... Run (or walk) with a total of 144 miles over three months. Updated to 12 miles per week. It was a big commitment for me. I spend about four hours a week at the gym in classes that do not want to quit. To add additional operation means another three hours per week.
When I got off the treadmill the other day, I saw a woman I know. She participated in a conversation while running my last two kilometers of the week. She made a joke about how she chatted during the race. I said I had to register my miles for the challenge. His response was: "Oh, I registered, too, but I was on vacation last week and this week I was very busy and ..."
I got to thinking, what's the difference between me and her? Why am I was running and who is not?
And my thought was beyond it (full disclosure here), there were many times when I committed that I did not follow through. So why am following through this time unlike the other times?
I believe there are five key things you need to set up, set yourself up for success when you make a commitment. I wear both my career and business.
1. Why you do it. During my career, I do it because I want a new physical challenge to keep the body and mind busy. I also work very hard to get in shape, I feel better when I'm in better shape. For your business to ask why you do what you do. Why has launched a new project or initiative? What you want to achieve by doing this?
Two. What you need to do to get there? This is a big one. Break a goal down into smaller steps. Running 144 miles long and is definitely too much for me to think about addressing. Divide into smaller, at 12 miles per week, the goal has become much less intimidating. In your company many projects you take are great. What can you do to break into small pieces? One of my favorite questions to ask is: How do you propose someone to manage the project?
Three. How do you go ... What is the plan? Let's be realistic here ... just break your goals into smaller pieces do the job. I had to create the time to really do the job. I broke 12 miles compromise weeks into four pieces (4 miles on Sunday, 2 miles, 4 miles on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday two miles). What can you do to structure their time to help get the stages of your project do? My suggestion to you is to be realistic. Do not make your daily steps so great that you are overwhelmed by them. Little progress is consistently more effective than the occasional quick bursts.
April. Track your results. As I get off the treadmill, track how far you went and how long it took a sheet placed in a highly visible wall. See your progress and assess regularly to see if you need to make changes (I work two miles of 5 miles and 1 February). What numbers can be located on your business? You move towards your goal? Is this your goal is still realistic? Do you watch regularly?
May Support. Think of all, this is the most important. Find a cheerleading team who know what they are doing and support you. Find a mentor, a guide or coach. Ask questions when you have them, so do not waste your time or energy to go around in circles (or in my case of injury). Use your mentors and leaders to continue to move forward and leave behind the critics.
Now imagine if you take the following steps for your business. What purpose can be put in the spotlight? Why do you want? What can you do to get there?
I've only been at this for a month and I'm already seeing results. I saw my increase in strength (I can run more) and I watch my speed increase. I'm excited to see where I came in late April.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire